The University of Louisiana at Lafayette is part of the Online Learning Consortium (formerly Sloan-C) community! The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is committed to providing resources and training opportunities on topics relevant to online educators. Every member of the University can enjoy the OLC Institutional Membership benefits.
Create Your OLC Account
All faculty and staff at the University are considered a member. To access these benefits, first create a free OLC account by registering. Once an account is created, create your own profile (under "My account") and affiliate with the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Benefits of OLC Membership
- College Pass Workshops: Participate in OLC workshops with experts in online teaching and design.
- OLC Newsletter: Receive the OLC newsletter by subscribing to the OLC mailing list.
- Conference Discounts: Receive Discounts for $50 off of the registration fee for conferences (up to ten).
- Website Resources: Enjoy full access to website resources including articles from the Journal of Asynchronous Learning; surveys; practitioner documents; The JobLine; effective practices; reports; listerserv; catalog; OLC network; and more.
Select and Register for Workshops
OLC offers dozens of one-week, fully online workshops as well as some synchronous (4-hour) webinars in several tracks; below is a sampling of the workshops we encourage our faculty to consider. A complete list of all OLC workshops (including descriptions and dates) is available on the Online Learning Consortium website. Having trouble narrowing down your selection? Begin by selecting a workshop from the categories below.
- New to Online: Strategies for Increasing Interaction and Engagement
- New to Online: Engaging Learners in Online Discussions
- New to Online: Effective Feedback Strategies
- Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity
- Designing a Flipped Classroom
- Designing Effective Assessment Strategies
- Developing Rubrics
- Easy Course Enhancements to Improve Access
- Introduction to ADA and Accommodation on the Web
- Introduction to Copyright and Fair Use
- New to Online: The Essentials
- Writing Effective Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Collaboration Tools
- New to Online: Introduction to Audio and Video Tools
- New to Online: Introduction to Online Presentation Tools
- New to Online: Introduction to Online Tools
- YouTube for Learning
To participate in a workshop, please contact the Office of Distance Learning; we will register you using the College Pass option.