The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has joined our Sloan Consortium community! Sloan-C is committed to providing resources and training opportunities on topics relevant to online educators. Every member of the University can enjoy the Sloan-C Institutional Membership benefits.
Create Your Sloan-C Account
All faculty and staff at the University are considered a member. To access these benefits, first create a free Sloan-C account by registering. Once an account is created, create your own profile (under "My account") and affiliate with the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
Benefits of Sloan-C Membership
- College Pass Workshops: Participate in Sloan-C workshops with experts in online teaching and design.
- Sloan-C Newsletter: Receive the Sloan-C newsletter by subscribing to the Sloan-C mailing list.
- Conference Discounts: Receive Discounts for $50 off of the registration fee for conferences (up to ten).
- Website Resources: Enjoy full access to website resources including articles from the Journal of Asynchronous Learning; surveys; practitioner documents; The JobLine; effective practices; reports; listerserv; catalog; Sloan-C network; and more.
Select and Register for Workshops
Sloan-C offers dozens of one-week, fully online workshops as well as some synchronous (4-hour) webinars in several tracks; below is a sampling of the workshops we encourage our faculty to consider. A complete list of all Sloan-C workshops (including descriptions and dates) is available on the Sloan-C website.
- New to Online: Strategies for Increasing Interaction and Engagement
- New to Online: Engaging Learners in Online Discussions
- New to Online: Effective Feedback Strategies
- Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity
- Designing a Flipped Classroom
- Designing Effective Assessment Strategies
- Developing Rubrics
- Easy Course Enhancements to Improve Access
- Introduction to ADA and Accommodation on the Web
- Introduction to Copyright and Fair Use
- New to Online: The Essentials
- Writing Effective Learning Objectives
- Introduction to Collaboration Tools
- New to Online: Introduction to Audio and Video Tools
- New to Online: Introduction to Online Presentation Tools
- New to Online: Introduction to Online Tools
- YouTube for Learning
To participate in a workshop, please contact the Office of Distance Learning; we will register you using the College Pass option.