What does the University hope to accomplish by offering more hybrid and online courses?
Submitted by dpd0909 on Wed, 2010-06-23 14:27
The University has articulated the following goals:
- Create college courses and programs through alternate delivery methods in order to offer educational opportunities to students unable to accommodate a traditional class schedule.
- Ensure the technology used is appropriate to the nature and objectives of the academic programs.
- Expand educational opportunities in a financially responsible manner through synchronous and asynchronous electronic learning.
- Provide technical training to university faculty in the use of e-learning instructional techniques and in the use of associated technologies.
- Facilitate student success in distance learning courses and programs by providing and promoting an environment of equal opportunity.