Service Interruption Notice: as of December 15, 2016 the Persona.org service that linked Mozilla BackPack (openbadges.org) to our Moodle site has been discontinued. Currently we cannot establish new links to digital credentials stored on BackPack. If you had synched to BackPack prior to December 2016 your BackPack connection may still continue to function as long as you do not change your badge settings in Moodle. We are attempting to reestablish the BackPack sync service and will update this page when that is available.
In order to display digital credentials from Credly within our Moodle Learning Management System you must first store them in the OpenBadges.org Mozilla BackPack site. The backpack folders that you create there can be synched with your Moodle profile to automatically display any digital credentials that you upload there.
Please note that your digital credentials are issued to your CLID email address and are associated with that account. For the process to work properly, your Credly, OpenBadges, and Moodle accounts must all have that email address associated and verified. Also, you may encounter errors when using Internet Explorer for this process. The current versions of Firefox or Chrome are recommended.
The process to send your digital credentials to an OpenBadges backpack that is synced with Moodle has four parts:
Part 1: Create an OpenBadges account
- Click the "Account Settings" link on the left side of your Credly Member Page.
- On the Account Settings page, hover your mouse over the OpenBadges.org name in the Social Media settings box and then click the "Link" button that appears.
- Type your UL CLID email address in the menu box that appears.
- Click the "Next" button and then create a password for your new OpenBadges account.
- Click the confirmation link in the verification email that is then sent to your CLID email address.
Part 2: Send your digital credential from Credly to your OpenBadges account
- Log into your Credly account at www.credly.com.
- If your primary email account is not set to your CLID email address, you must change that in your account preferences page.
- Hover your mouse over the image of your digital credential in your credit box. Click the "Share" icon that appears.
- When the social media share box pops up, click the Mozilla option.
- Click the "Hooray!" link in the badge confirmation box that pops up to complete the transfer process.
Part 2: Place your digital credentials in folders
- Click on a badge image and "drag" it into the collection space on the left of the screen.
- A collection will be named "New Collection" when it is created. To customize the name, click on the "New Collection" name and type a new name in the text box.
- Click the "Public" option box to display the content of this collection to an outside audience such as Moodle.
- You can change these collection settings at any time.
Part 3: Sync your collection within Moodle
- Log into Moodle LMS site at https://moodle.louisiana.edu
- In the Administration block, click on the "My Profile settings" link to expand the options list for badges.
- Click on the "Backpack settings" link in the Badges option list
- Click on the link to "Sign in with your Email"
- A pop-up menu will allow you to enter your email address and connect with Mozilla BackPack.
- Once you are connected to the BackPack service, select the digital badge collection that you would like to display in your Moodle profile pages.
For information on how to accept and display your digital credentials, see these additional articles:
- Digital Credentials Introduction
- Accepting Your Digital Credentials
- Posting Digital Credentials to Social Media
For information on Digital Credentials, their display and management, or to inquire how you can earn these awards, please contact the Office of Distance Learning at email@example.com.