The Office of Distance Learning is constantly striving to put faculty in the best position to succeed through professional development opportunities and workshops by blending locally developed and delivered professional development courses with those offered by national and international distance learning organizations. Access to any of the faculty services must first be endorsed by your Department Head. Department Head approval triggers the first step, meeting with a member of our instructional design team.
- The Training Center. The primary tenant of being a successful online educator is having had the experience of being an online student. Take a look at the various opportunities faculty can engage in training as an online student.
- Faculty Certification. Faculty can earn Online Teacher and Course Designer certification through varied pathways. The focus remains solely on meeting the varied needs of our online faculty.
- Course Certification. UL Lafayette has deployed peer reviews of online courses design using the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric as its approach to Quality Assurance and Quality Control in the delivery of courses via distance learning technologies.
- Edu Tools. Faculty are provided with instructional technology that enables the delivery of high quality learning experiences for students. These tools also empower faculty with options to protect the academic integrity of their courses with the student authentication options.
- Moodle. The UL Lafayette open source learning management system through which all hybrid and onilne courses are delivered.
- Awards. Faculty awards