We offer a number of educational tools ("EduTools") to help you connect and collaborate with your online and hybrid students.
If you know which EduTool you would like to explore further, select from the buttons below to go to that tool's information page. Or you can scroll down through the complete list of EduTools to find the tools that will help you to take your online and hybrid instruction to the next level.
Distance Learning Supported EduTools
The DL-Supported banner indicates that the Office of Distance Learning Instructional Support Team has tested this tool and provides support for integrating and using the tool in your hybrid and online courses.
Examity is a virtual online proctoring service that is integrated with UL Lafayette’s Moodle learning management system.
- Five different levels of service
- Authentication at all service levels
- Ability for faculty to see when students complete exams
- Detailed incident reports for any testing abnormalities
- Review of recorded test sessions by faculty
Panopto is a lecture capture software that enables instructors to create video and audio podcasts of lectures for student viewing at a later time.
- Full Moodle integration
- Unlimited video capture/creation
- Editing capabilities within the Panopto cloud
- Powerful analytics to see who is watching your videos
- Ability to quiz students within video and track responses
- Capture video from anywhere using mobile app
ProctorU is a virtual online proctoring service that is integrated with UL Lafayette's Moodle learning management system.
- Live monitoring/recording of exams by certified proctor
- Faculty can leave specialized instructions for exams
- Immediate faculty contact for any test infractions
- Faculty video review of any incidents that occur
- Convenient 24/7 scheduling for students
Turnitin is an online tool that allows faculty to provide detailed feedback on written assignments with the added benefit of ensuring that students are submitting original and properly cited work.
- Full integration with Moodle, including Gradebook
- Ability to leave textual, visual, and audio feedback
- Custom rubric creation and grading
- Originality check for authentic work
- Peer collaboration using PeerMark
VoiceThread is a web-based sharing and collaboration tool that allows conversations to happen asynchronously. This interactive and immersive tool can create excitement and more participation from your students.
- Humanize your course
- Connect more deeply with both students and content
- Engaging students in genuine conversations
- Full Moodle integration, including Gradebook
- Video, audio, image, and text formats supported
- Mobile App for adding content outside of the classroom
Zoom is an online virtual meeting space that can be utilized by instructors to hold synchronous (real-time) meetings and classes with students from any geographic location.
- Ability to record class meetings for later viewing
- Virtual class sizes up to 50 student participants
- Screen Sharing
- Interactive White Board
- Lecture capture
- Ability to divide participants into breakout rooms
- Real-time Polling
Additional Recommended EduTools
You may find the following tools to be useful additions to your online and hybrid instruction. However, we do not provide direct licensing or support for these products.
Animoto is a web-based video editing platform that allows for the quick creation of unique, professional quality videos. Fee-based services are available, as is an Education Subscription, which is recommended.
- Quick and easy interface
- No prior editing or creation experience required
- Multiple templates from which to choose
- Customizable visual style and music
- Use your own images, video, and text
Screencast-O-Matic is a desktop application that enables you to easily capture your computer screen activity.
- Free account
- Record videos up to 15 minutes in length