We put faculty in the best position to succeed through professional development opportunities and workshops rooted in nationally recognized best practices and standards.
In this section, you'll find additional information about our offerings as well as resources for specific course modalities.
- Sign Up for Webinars: The Instructional Support Team hosts weekly webinars to explore online pedagogy, course design, and applying EduTools to meet specific course objectives. A full schedule and details on upcoming webinars can be found at SignUpGenius. Register for webinar access and reminders.
- Professional Development Courses: We offer both self-paced and instructor-led workshops to empower faculty at various stages of their professional development. The Instructional Support Team is available to help identify which courses are right for your goals.
- Best Practices for Online Education: Creating quality online learning environments begins with designing consistent, accessible courses and continues through delivery. We provide tools, resources, up-to-date guidelines, and support for each step of the online teaching process.
- Faculty Certification: Faculty assigned to teach an online or hybrid course must be ULearn Certified by completing training on current online teaching methodologies, pedagogies, and tools. Faculty can attain certifications as a ULearn Online Teacher and ULearn Course Designer.
- Course Certification: Qualifying online and hybrid courses are run through a rigorous peer-review process to become QM certified.
- EduTools: Identify the right tools to connect and collaborate with your online and hybrid students. EduTools also include proctoring services to authenticate online exams.
- Adaptive Learning: This is a new way to present personalized, customizable courses that provides students with a fundamentally different experience than they would have in standard online or hybrid courses.
- Hybrid Learning: Courses taught 50% to 99% online provide increased flexibility for students and new content delivery opportunities for instructors. We offer information, guidelines, and support for designing hybrid courses to meet the needs of learners and instructors.