In Fall 2022, the Office of Distance Learning received a Louisiana Board of Regents eLearning Innovation Grant to su
Join Us in a Series About Humanizing Your Online CourseFri, 05/15/2015 - 10:13am
Have you been teaching online for a while? Are you new to online teaching? Join us to learn how to humanize your online course by expanding your online teaching toolkit this summer!
We will be streaming sessions in the Dupre Library Bibliographic Lab from the How To Humanize Your Online Course series presented by Educause. During these events, participants will:
- Explore literature that links improved social presence with student engagement, satisfaction, and learning;
- Consider the impact of voice and video in the development of online relationships;
- Examine the role images play in cognition
- Learn how to locate and attribute Creative Commons images
- Acquire a "tool buffet" of emerging technologies that will make your online course come alive with visuals and video
- Examine how the concept of humanizing learning supports the needs of more learners through implementing the principles of Universal Design for Learning;
- Identify strategies for teaching with social technologies that consider student privacy and motivate reluctant learners;
- Critically analyze practical examples of humanizing activities and strategies shared by guest speakers;
- Create and share your own unique humanized project with your peers.
To learn more about upcoming events, select the dates below:
- May 20, 2015, Noon to 1:30 PM - How To Humanize Your Online Course : Making It Visual!
- May 28, 2015, Noon to 1:30 PM - How To Humanize Your Online Course : What We Know and Don't Know about Social Presence
- June 4, 2015, Noon to 1:30 PM - How To Humanize Your Online Course : More on Humanizing Your Course
There is no need to register for these events. Contact the Office of Distance Learning if you have any questions.