In Fall 2022, the Office of Distance Learning received a Louisiana Board of Regents eLearning Innovation Grant to su
Grant Awarded for H5P ResearchTue, 09/13/2022 - 3:28pm
The Office of Distance Learning was awarded a Louisiana State Board of Regents eLearning Innovation Grant to support an H5P-focused Faculty Learning Community during the 2022-2023 academic year.
Faculty who participate in this FLC will have an opportunity to enhance their courses with H5P, an easy-to-use tool integrated with Moodle that allows faculty to create interactive and engaging course content, including quizzes, presentations, videos, images, and activities.
Each member will receive a $500 honorarium upon completion of the community’s activities, which will include:
- Designing at least three H5P interactive content activities approved for implementation in Spring 2023.
- Revising an online course to be taught in Spring 2023 that includes the approved H5P interactive content.
- Participating in a pilot study in Spring 2023 to evaluate the efficacy of the H5P content.
- Sharing the H5P content as an open educational resource.
- Participating in an evaluation of the project.
The community will consist of three sections each led by one of the following facilitators:
- Kathleen Schott Espinoza, MA, Master Instructor, Geography, College of Liberal Arts
- Marissa Lajaunie, MBA & RHIA, Senior Instructor, Health Sciences, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Penny Powell, Master Instructor, Biology, College of Sciences
Faculty can apply to participate in this FLC until 5 p.m. Monday, Sept. 26. Find additional information as well as an online application form on the 2022-23 FLC Community page.