Delivery: Self-paced, asynchronous
Time requirements: 6-8 hours
Duration: 365-day access
Participants will receive a certificate of completion for this course once they have completed all course content and activities and passed all quizzes. Please note the course must be completed within 365 days of enrolling, otherwise, participants will need to re-enroll in the course to earn a certificate.
Moodle is the Learning Management System (LMS) used at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. This workshop will provide an overview of the core skills needed to create and deliver courses using Moodle and the EduTools supported by the Office of Distance Learning.
In this workshop, each participant will learn how to: build basic course components, create video content, assess student learning, issue communication and feedback, and monitor and evaluate student activity. Additionally, participants will learn how all of these components can be made accessible to all students.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the use of basic course components in Moodle
- Detail the creation of video content using EduTools
- Recognize course content and activities that are accessible to all students
- Identify student assessment options within Moodle
- Identify effective communication methods
- Discern methods to effectively monitor and evaluate student activity
Enroll by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.