The Basic Course Building Workshop is a self-paced workshop facilitated by the Office of Distance Learning.
Building online or hybrid courses is a challenge for any instructor. There are always new tools and technologies that can help students achieve the learning objectives for the course. This workshop will provide an overview of the practical strategies, best practices, and step-by-step instructions for building a course using the Moodle Learning Management system and the EduTools supported by the Office of Distance Learning.
In this workshop, each participant will explore the following five areas: building basic course components, creating video content, assessing student learning, communication during the semester, and monitoring and evaluating student activity. Additionally, participants will learn how all of these components can be made accessible to all students.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the use of basic course components in Moodle.
- Detail the creation of video content using EduTools.
- Ensure course content and activities are accessible to all students.
- Plan for student assessments using the Moodle Assignment and Quiz activities.
- Identify effective communication methods.
- Outline methods to monitor and evaluate student activity.